Covid-19 Health Policy
In-House Teaching Covid-19 Health Policy
Covid-19 Pandemic Health Policy
Linda’s Piano Tuition
With the planned reopening of in-house lessons, I have produced the following Health Policy. It will come into effect the week beginning Sunday 20th June when I return to face-to-face tuition. The policy of Linda’s Piano Tuition is to adopt the procedures and advice provided by Public Health Wales, the NHS and the UK Department of Education. As guidance continues to be updated, I will remain vigilant and communicate any necessary changes.
- If your child and family have travelled to affected COVID-19 areas, please follow current government advice.
Category 1 countries: Travellers should self-isolate, even if asymptomatic, and call NHS 111 to inform of recent travel. Go home or to your destination and then self-isolate.
Category 2 countries: Travellers do not need to undertake any special measures, but if they develop symptoms, they should self-isolate and call NHS 111.
Please contact me via this site, my email address if you have it or the business contact number (01633 782997) as soon as possible if any of your family has to self-isolate so that we can make alternative lesson arrangements. Lessons may have to be suspended (though your place will be kept for you) or it may be possible to arrange online lessons using Zoom or Skype. We will look at your individual circumstances and decide the best course of action for both parties.
- Prevention of Virus Spread
For students returning to face-to-face lessons, there will be Covid-secure processes in place to ensure everyone’s good health and wellbeing. These will consist of the following:
- Pupils should wash their hands thoroughly before their lesson takes place. If coming directly from another activity, please use a hand sanitiser.
- I will wear a visor / mask during the lessons.
- Adults and children in secondary education will be asked to wear a mask. Children of primary age will not have to wear a mask.
- The music studio will be well ventilated.
- Tissues will be available to catch any sneezes, coughs and to maintain good hygiene. These will be placed into a plastic bag and thrown away immediately after the lesson.
- Please leave coats and any additional clothing behind.
Inside the music studio
- Piano keys and stool will be wiped between lessons.
- There will be a 5- minute gap between lessons to avoid congestion between arriving and departing pupils.
- Please bring your own pencils and pens for theory work.
- Please bring your own books to each lesson.
- Payment for lessons
* No cash payments will be accepted. Payment must be via bank transfer or cheque. If paying by cheque, please ensure it is put in a sealed envelope. *
- Future Travel Plans If you and/or your family have plans to travel abroad in the near future, please refer to the most current foreign travel advice regarding health risks and any required procedures upon return.
- How You Can Help If your child has been off school due to illness, please contact me to arrange an alternative lesson day or remote learning until they are fully recovered. They should not attend their piano lesson in the normal way.