Newport Adult Piano Tuition
Piano For Adult Students
Age need not be a barrier for learning to play the piano in Newport. Whether a young child starting out or a more mature learner, every age can achieve their potential. With regular practice, good progress can be made. Practice is as essential for an adult as it is for a child learning to play the piano. It does require a minimum of ten to fifteen minutes every day if you wish to improve. If you just practise for an hour before each weekly lesson, the ndevelopment will be limited and success less likely. Learning the piano is an ongoing commitment as well as a discipline. However, in my experience, mature pupils are just as easily able to succeed in learning the pianoforte as younger students.
My aim is to encourage early playing with two hands as soon as possible. With that in mind, I find that adults usually have better-developed eye/hand coordination skills than children and generally cope quite well with the challenges. If you are an adult in the Newport area who wishes to begin or resume piano lessons please contact me to discuss how I may be able to help.
Benefits Of learning An Instrument
More Than Playing
So just what are the benefits of learning to play the piano? There is general agreement in the musical world that the following benefits can be achieved by taking a course of instrumental tuition.
- Playing music can stimulate the brain and improve functions like memory and abstract skills.
- Regular practice teaches how to overcome challenges.
- Music stimulates emotions and inspires creativity.
- Understanding of various musical genres increases.
- 3 of the 5 senses (touch, sound, sight) are activated.
- Self-confidence and self-esteem increase and there is a huge sense of achievement if you master a particularly difficult piece.
- Endorphins, the so-called ‘happiness chemicals’, are released and there is potential relief from everyday stresses and strains.
- Self-discipline and time-management skills are fine-tuned.
- Patience and concentration improve.
It’s great fun!